What good is sitting, alone in your room? Come hear the music play at David M Hawkins’ 2017 production of Cabaret! Following a sell-out season in Sydney, the Kit Kat Klub is returning to Melbourne in all its decadence for a new Australian revival of Cabaret playing at The Athenaeum Theatre from 27 April!
Winner of 12 Tony Awards, 8 Academy Awards and 7 BAFTA Awards, Cabaret wows audiences and critics alike time and time again sky-rocketing the careers its starts. Fifty years ago in 1966 the original Broadway production made a household name of Joel Grey who shook audiences as The Emcee. Two years later an unassuming Judi Dench stole the show as Sally Bowles on London’s West End. Arguably the most iconic movie musical of all time made a star of Liza Minnelli when she brought Sally Bowles to the silver screen directed by Bob Fosse.
Cabaret in its musical form is based on The Berlin Stories by famous author Christopher Isherwood who exchanged his upper-middle-class conservative upbringing for the sexual freedom and social liberation of Berlin during the bustling 1930s. Cabaret the musical, adapted by song and lyrics team Kander and Ebb, became a semi-biographical portrait of Isherwood’s life, celebrating life on the edge.
Cabaret features the amazing Paul Capsis as Emcee; Kate Fitzpatrick (Fräulein Schneider) Debora Krizak (Fräulein Kost) John O’May (Herr Schultz), Jason Kos (Clifford Bradshaw), along with Australian actress, singer and leading lady of musical theatre Chelsea Gibb (Sally Bowles).
To celebrate the Melbourne season of Cabaret, we’re giving away TWO double passes to see the show’s 7.30pm performance on Tuesday the 2nd of May, at the Athenaeum Theatre, Melbourne (188 Collins St). Each double pass is valued at $160 and will need to be collected by the lucky winners at the Box Office on the day of the performance.
To Enter: fill out the form below
COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
- Competition closes on Friday April 28th at 5pm AEST.
- The winners will be announced on Saturday April 29th, and the winners contacted. If the prizes are not claimed by Sunday April 30th, new winners will be chosen.
- To claim the prize, the winner must disclose their full name. These details will only be shared with the PR agency who will arrange your winning tickets.
- To claim the prize, the winner must be able to attend the 7.30pm performance of Cabaret on Tuesday 2nd of May, and be able to pick up the tickets from the theatre box office on the day of the performance.
- The tickets are non-refundable and cannot be sold.
- The prize includes two tickets to Cabaret on Tuesday, May 2nd at the Athenaeum Theatre, Melbourne. Performance starts at 7.30pm. Any accommodation, food, travel or any other expenses required are not included in the prize win.
For more information and tickets, please go to: www.cometothecabaret.com.au