Recap of Survivor S32E6
- Eww spider!
- Naw, Tai is happy the tribe didn’t vote him out. He’s going around thanking everyone.
- Tai feels sorry for Anna (who the tribe voted out last tribal) because she looked shocked that he didn’t use his idol to save her.
- “Keep me until I kill the chicken for the group” – Tai, on why the tribe should keep him around .. but what about the poor chicken?!
- Peter thinks he’s in a good place within the tribe.
- “I’m not just a brain” – Peter, nope, you’re also an idiot.
- Peter wants Joe out because voting out his alliance “pissed me off”
- Nick is doing non-stop thinking .. whatever that means.
- “It’s time to play. Play or go home” – Nick
- “I will lead when no one else will” – Debbie
- Nick wants to be whoever Debbie wants him to be.
- Anyone notice it said ‘Debbie – Part-time Model’ on screen. Brilliant!
- Nick thinks Debbie has a crush on him.
- Debbie, thinks Nick is an Adonis.
- Oh. The tribes just found out that the reward challenge will involve some kind of basketball-esque challenge.
- The blues are worried that the yellows have Scot – a professional basketball player.
- “We have our own secret weapon. Adonis aka Nick” – Debbie
- Julia is back!
- The challenge is to release buoys from the water, collect and gather then, before having to shoot them into a net.
- Winners take home a survivor picnic – including a range of drinks and food.
- Aubry vs Michele in the water
- Aubry has her buoys untied!
- Michele is struggling!
- It’s Nick vs Scot shooting the balls!
- Nick is doing well against Scot.
- Scot really should have this in the bag. It would be such an embarrassment to lose at something you do professionally. I’m pretty sure he would never live in down.
- “So good, he split the buoy!” – Jeff, is impressed with Scot’s skills.
- “Scot, what you doing?” – Cydney. “Winning” – Scot.
- And with that, yellow wins reward!
- “It’s my fault” – Michele, feels responsible for taking so long to untie the buoys.
- Michele feels like she’s in trouble if the tribe next goes to tribal.
- “Good to enter a tribe on good vibes” – Julia, happy that the tribe won reward as it puts everyone in a good mood for her meet and greet.
- Peter wants to work with Julia.
- Julia mentions how Peter pulled her aside and told her straight off how he wanted to work with her and get off the brains, because he’s had a vendetta against them since they screwed up his plans.
- Aubry and Joe see that Peter is going off with all the other tribe members, even though he’s meant to be in an alliance with them, his original brains tribe.
- “A dope” – Aubry, tell us what you really think about Peter.
- “Peter’s a little rogue and desperate now” – Aubry
- “You did great” – Debbie and Neil, to Michele
- “Just put my head on the chopping block by screwing up the challenge” – Michele, is worried, especially since the yellow tribe voted off one of her greatest allies last tribal.
- “She might go drown herself, you guys should keep an eye on her” – Debbie, is worried about Michele.
- “I like Debbie. I think she’s a little quirky” – Michele
- “The way Nick talks to me would never be how I’d ever let a man talk to me in normal life” – Michele, after Nick tells her that they will not be working with Debbie, but in fact be voting with brawn over brains. Yes, sir.
- “Let Nick baby me. Innocent little girl” – Michele, aims to go along with Nick’s plan until the time comes when she sees a way to make her own move.
- “I don’t need to be carried, bro” – Michele, on Nick.
- Joe is nervous. He sees Peter talking to everyone else.
- “The problem with Peter is that he plays both sides” – Joe, on Peter
- “He’s so transparent” – Joe, on Peter
- Joe questions Peter on if he’s gunning to vote him out. Joe knows Peter is lying to him. Former FBI agent Joe says so. And he’s right. Peter is a snake.
- Involves an obstacle course, then using poles to knock blocks off a mesh net, before stacking said blocks up one on top of each other.
- Scot’s tall. I imagine he would have an advantage in the challenge. He’s my pick.
- Blue are over the first obstacle!
- “A lot of people gonna be relying on Scot” – Jeff, on trying to get the tribe over quite a tall obstacle.
- It’s Jason and Nick for blue vs Peter and Scot for yellow, knocking blocks from the net.
- Jason and Nick are struggling!
- “They’re stacking from the middle” – Jeff, on yellow’s plan to let Scot and Peter hold onto the top blocks, and stack in the middle of the stack.
- Debbie is on Nick’s back. Jeff points out the two different stratergies at play now.
- Oh no! Yellow’s blocks have fallen!
- Tai is now up on Scot’s shoulders.
- Joe got hit on the head with the blocks. And now he’s bleeding!
- “You okay?” – Jeff, to Joe.
- And with that – blue wins immunity!
- “Literally by seconds” – Jeff, on how tight the challenge was.
Yellow – which I know now is called Gondol. I’m late to the party …
- “You take the trouble out” – Joe, wants to vote for Peter. He doesn’t like “keeping the risk”
- “We did nothing wrong” – Tai, on why they lost the challenge. It’s true, they only lost by one second, so no one is to blame.
- Aubry blames Peter because it was his strategy to stack the blocks from the middle.
- Aubry also doesn’t think it’s the right time to vote out Peter. She wants to keep brains strong.
- “Keep him, even though he’s a pain in the butt” – Joe, on how he won’t be voting out Peter.
- “Roll with the punches” – Peter, is no longer gunning for Joe, as he got suspicious, and now his only option is to work with the brains again.
- Scot thinks Peter is a snake.
- See, Peter told Scot that he wanted to vote out Joe. But now Peter is going back on his word because of the conflict he had with Joe earlier.
- Julie thinks Aubry and Joe are stupid fro not voting off Peter.
- “Better to stay with the devil you know” – Aubry, on keeping Peter.
- Julia and Tai go to Aubry and tell her that Peter first wanted to vote off Joe, but now he’s thrown Aubry under the bus too. It’s a lie – but what genius play by Julie. So so good to throw Peter under the bus!
- “No matter what I do, it’s gonna blow back and bite me in the face” – Aubry, is torn between voting for Julia and Peter.
- Tai mentions that it may be a tie. Wouldn’t take be a great way for one of the brains to change sides because it’ll be a sure thing that Peter will go home?
- Ooh it’s Julia’s first tribal.
- Julia sees the tribe as split in two – brains vs the others.
- The question is – do brains stay together, or do they form new alliances as a new tribe?
- Aubry really is kind of throwing Peter under the bus …
- I guess like last time, Peter doesn’t even read into it that he’s in trouble tonight. Once again, it appears that he thinks he’s safe … or does he? He’s hard to read tonight. Or maybe that’s just his snugness …
- “The Gondol tribe comes down to trust” – Joe
- Scot hints at Peter having said one thing and then goes off and talks about it again.
- “I try to be as logical as possible” – Aubry “But goes with my gut”
- Joe has no idea who’s going tonight.
- “This game is alive!” – Jeff, mentions how people are talking and trying to decide who to vote out as he’s asking questions and people are answering.
- Lots of talking going on right now between Aubry.
- “Original plan” – Scot, tells Julia what’s happening.
- Aubry looks paranoid – is the new plan to vote off her with Peter?
- I hope it comes down to a tie – and then the tribe votes out Peter. That’s the dream.
- And the results are in …
- Julia, Scot, Tai and Aubry voted for Peter. Peter and Joe voted for Julia.
- Well, Aubry voted for Julia, then crossed it out and voted for Peter. She took a long time to make her mind!
- It is about time Peter went home. Oh happy days!
- “Clearly a lot of uncertainty in tonight’s vote” – Jeff, on the vote.
- “1 million dollars is not worth my dignity or my word, of course I’m mad!” – Peter, his closing statement.
- “If this is about stacking boxes, I’ll never hear the end of it” – Peter, wonders if he got voting out for his strategy stacking boxes.
Pretty boring episode tonight – if I do say so myself. I think the tribe made the right decision – but I think that’s mostly because I didn’t like Peter, and I believe that that is also the reason they voted him out. But I think it was also a smart move to weaken the brains – although there were already cracks, obviously, so keeping Peter around probably wouldn’t have made much of a difference.
But the merge comes next week! This is when the game really begins!